Hi, I am a Ph.D. student at the Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, University of California, Berkeley. My interest lies in artificial intelligence (AI), cognitive neuroscience, and computational neuroscience. My goal is to decode the human brain and to reveal how the human mind emerges from the brain. I am also interested in neuroscience-inspired AI to build more robust and human-compatible machine intelligence. To this end, I am eager to combine knowledge from cognitive science and neuroscience and technologies from computer science.
I graduated from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at SNU with the valedictorian honor, and I have participated in a wide range of projects including computer vision, natural language processing, robotics and computational modeling in cognitive science. Please refer to my Past Projects.
- Decoding Human Brain & Mind
- Neural basis of Intelligence
- Human-level Artificial Intelligence
- PHD Student; Computer Science division in EECS, UC Berkeley, Berkeley CA (Aug 2021 - Present)
- Research Assistant; Computational Clinical Science Laboratory, SNU, Seoul, Korea (Sep 2020 - Jul 2021)
- Research Intern; JeeLab, Center for Neuroscience, Brain Science Institute, KIST, Seoul, Korea (Jul 2020 - Dec 2020)
- Summer Research Intern; KAIST Interaction Laboratory, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea (Jun 2019 - Aug 2019)
- Research Intern; Computing and Memory Architecture Laboratory, SNU, Seoul, Korea (Dec 2018 - Jun 2019)